Utility Coordinator – Atlanta
- Coordinates and reviews work of paving, sidewalk, and stormwater maintenance contractors to ensure timely and satisfactory completion of work orders.
- Prepares request for proposals and bids, negotiates and administers contracts for maintenance services.
- Maintains active communication with contractors, engineers, surveyors, government agencies and the general public to resolve any issues relating to upcoming or active construction projects.
- Responds to citizen service requests in a timely manner and keeps accurate logs and records of their resolution.
- Coordinates with other agencies including the Georgia Department of Transportation and DeKalb County for maintenance of their facilities within the city.
- Reviews and approves permits for utilities to install facilities within the city’s right of way.
- Administers and enforces Federal, State, and Local regulations for new construction, redevelopment, or maintenance projects.
- Coordinates utility construction and relocation for city construction projects including management of utility adjustment schedules.
- Conducts quarterly utility coordination meetings.
- Aids in preconstruction Utility Coordination.
- Communicates regularly with contacts at utility companies to resolve utility maintenance issues and to coordinate with city construction projects.
- Supervises and documents Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) capital projects.
- Assists with monitoring of construction projects by conducting site visits, completing daily reports, and making field measurements.
- Operates City vehicles in the performance of duties.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the fields of engineering; incorporates new developments as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in construction management or related field;
- Must have a minimum of 5 – 10 years of professional experience in the public works,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Knowledge of operations, services, and activities of a comprehensive public works program.
- General knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to the design and installation of stormwater quality or quantity facilities.
- Knowledge of advanced principles and practices of construction, inspection, and contract management.
- Knowledge of cost estimating and expenditure control principles and practices.
- Knowledge of personal computers and computer software applications including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and manage details.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify and respond to sensitive community and organizational issues, concerns, and needs.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, state and federal authorities, civic leaders and the public.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Must possess a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License (Class C) and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
Please, no drop-ins or calls
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.