Construction Inspector – Atlanta
- Perform daily site visits to verify ongoing contractor tasks, jobsite conditions
- Prepare progress reports (daily, weekly and monthly summaries) with progress photos to document overall job progress and to keep the Owner and other stakeholders appraised of the Work
- Perform periodic quality control inspections of ongoing construction activities to ensure compliance with the Construction Documents
- Coordinate this effort with the design team and/or outside consultants where needed
- Coordinate with the independent construction materials testing engineer to confirm they are monitoring and documenting jobsite quality control inspections in accordance with the CDs. Facilitate the bi-weekly Owner / Architect / Contractor meetings to review overall project status
- Document and distribute OAC Meeting Minutes to attendees
- Monitor and coordinate with the design team to ensure timely response to contractor submittals and RFIs
- Monitor the contractors CPM schedule to ensure timely completion of the Work within the designated contract timeline
- Review contractor requests for time extension and/or cost adjustments and document / recommend appropriate recommendations based on scope, schedule, and cost impacts
- Process contractor’s monthly application for Payment
- Coordinate and attend the milestone inspections, including Punch List, Substantial Completion and Final Inspection
- Compile / manage lists for distribution
- Construction Close-Out: Review all closeout documentation submitted by the general contractor for completeness
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing infrastructure construction projects
- Proven track record of getting projects completed on time, within budget and meeting quality requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong initiative / self-starter
- Thrives in team environments
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
Please, no drop-ins or calls
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.