Survey Crew Chief – Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas
Immediate position available for an experienced Survey Crew Chief with Lowe Engineers, LLC. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and enjoy being part of a team in a fast paced environment. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who enjoys challenging work working in a team environment.
- Engage in various types of surveys including performing boundary traverses, location surveys, level runs, retracement surveys, staking subdivisions, bridges, highways and commercial developments
- Direct the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately
- Understand and operate total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities as needed
- Ability to Run Leica total station and GPS equipment
- Document all phases of survey work
- Some overnight travel required
- DOT experience is a plus!
- 5+ years’ experience as a crew chief
- 2+ years of GDOT Database Prep
- Extensive Boundary/Cadastral Survey experience
- Topographic Mapping Skills
- Leica Survey equipment (Total Station and GPS)
- Ability to understand and operate total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Ability to perform calculations and work with computer programs.
- Work in Atlanta and Travel to projects around the United States
- Precise field note keeping and documentation skills.
- Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
- Must have good handwriting skills