Capital Projects Manager – Municipal Services
- Responsible for scope definition, consultant selection, contract negotiation, concept development, plan review, right of way acquisition, and utility coordination.
- Define and maintain project schedules based on funding sources and project prioritization.
- Requests for Proposals, Invitations to Bid, memos to City Council, and grant applications.
- Provide technical support for other public works initiatives including, but not limited to shaping city policies, transportation planning, and small project layout.
- Provide technical support for Community Development redevelopment plan and Parks Department projects.
- Deliver presentations to City Council and stakeholders.
- Intergovernmental Coordination: GDOT, ARC, DeKalb County, MARTA, and neighboring cities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Georgia PE required.
- 10+ years of Experience in managing Capital Improvement Projects including intersection improvement, street paving, sidewalk and multiuse path construction, bridge constrcution and estimating & scheduling, managing GDOT paving projects is a plus.
- Knowledge of Asphalt Construction (slope, material thickness, spreading, rolling, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple complex projects simultaneously and produce high-quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Documented professional experience in analyzing technical specifications to develop scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Excellent organizing, planning, and process management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, and AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
Please, no drop-ins or calls
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.