Civil Plan Reviewer
Please, no drop-ins or calls
Lowe Engineers is seeking a Civil Plan Reviewer to support The City of Milton.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews plans, reports and other development and design related documents for compliance with Design Standards and all applicable local, state, and federal codes and guidelines.
- Provide complete grading plan reviews grading and erosion control plans for commercial, industrial and single/multifamily developments for compliance with codes, ordinances, design manuals, soils reports and standards of practice.
- Provide reviews of street and storm drain public improvements associated with minor and major subdivision developments for codes, ordinances, design manuals and standards and accepted standards of practice.
- Review subdivision and final parcel map plans for adherence of compliance with applicable requirements.
- May be required to review public sewer and water improvements.
- Confers with official of government agencies, utility companies, consultants and land developers regarding construction and design regulation and policy issues.
- Provides technical assistance to staff; reviews plans, specifications, contract documents and other reports and documents to ensure compliance with applicable codes, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field
- 4-8 years related experience in Site Development Design
- Strong technical skills including AutoCAD Civil 3D, drainage and storm modeling, pond design and utility modeling is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of local codes and regulations
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.