Recreation Program Leader
The purpose of this job is to perform a variety of duties associated with creating and providing support to the Parks and Recreation Department to include but not limited to recreational programming, camps and special events. He/she will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of special events and programs with affiliated partners and will seek out new opportunities for partnerships and enhance the City’s recreational offerings. They will also work closely with the Recreation Program Supervisor and City Public Relations Department to promote all City functions; and work with the Police Department to provide additional over site to activities in the parks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make recommendations and assist in the preparation of the department budget.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, direction and evaluation of all recreation activities, athletic programs and events as well as educational and instructional activities and outreach programs.
- Process all reservation requests for community spaces and rental pavilions via email and phone.
- Organize and prioritize job tasks and complete them within specified time frames meeting strict deadlines.
- Work independently and oversee activities at designated locations such as parks, school facilities, baseball/softball fields and other public facilities. Includes set up and take down at facilities and areas for special events, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Enforce City policies, procedures and park rules for non-profits, instructors, volunteers and contracted facility renters as well as enforcement’s of all safety procedures.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all City personnel, affiliated partners, state agencies, teams, league officials and instructors.
- Working with city staff members and departments to promote, market and publicize activities, events and programs.
- Maintain reporting and analytics to measure program success and community involvement/engagement.
- Familiarity with content management and distribution for various communications channels (website, print/advertising, multiple social media platforms, etc.)
- Ensure adherence to all State and Federal Regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university in Parks and Recreation Administration or closely related field. One (1) year of progressively responsible related experience and/or training; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia’s driver license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.