Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Technician – Atlanta
- Work with a team of talented individuals to help tackle a wide variety of projects.
- Coordinate survey work in relation with SUE.
- Read and interpret utility records, as-built and survey drawings and highway design plans.
- Designate existing utilities using electromagnetic and geophysical technologies.
- Train junior crew members.
- Perform operator level maintenance on assigned company tools and equipment as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in using electromagnetic and geophysical designating technologies.
- GDOT Plans Development Process knowledge and experience.
- Ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn and understand new software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction.
- Ability to travel out of town and work overtime on occasion.
- Ability to walk long distances of several miles daily.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment up to 80 lbs.
- Good driving skills and a clean driving record is a must.
- Must prioritize the safety of yourself and others.
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all employees.
- Competitive dental and vision plans available.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance.
- 401K match.
- Work/Life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Individualized training and mentor programs.
- Professional development including certification and testing.
- Professional membership support.
- Employee Discounts to include Verizon, AT&T, and many others.
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events.
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup & multiple types of STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
Please, no drop-ins or calls
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.