Instrument Man/Rod Man – Atlanta, Georgia
Who We Are
Lowe Engineers is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, and mapping consultant serving a wide array of public and private sector clients. We strive to provide our clients with the highest quality product with individual needs being our highest priority. We commit to always go the extra mile and do what we say we are going to do!
We strive to create a culture of professionalism that is relationship oriented. Our Core Values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families, as well as our entire community. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while promoting a balance of professional and private life.
- Holds level or rod at designated points to assist in determining elevations and laying out stakes for mapmaking, construction, land, and other surveys.
- Is familiar with Party Chief and Rod man/Instrument Man’s roles.
- Is able to operate all of the instrumentation required for the collection or distribution of survey data (total station, data collector, level).
- Transmits survey data to the proper Party Chief in the computer network, and be able to acquire the data for field use.
- Calls out reading or writes station number and reading in notebook.
- Marks points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark.
- Measures distance between survey points with steel or cloth tape or surveyor’s chain.
- Marks measuring points with keel (marking crayon), paint sticks, scratches, tacks, or stakes.
- Places stakes at designated points and drives them into ground at specified elevation.
- Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey.
- Performs other duties as directed by Surveyor Crew Chief.
- Performs occasional building & grounds maintenance.
- Able to work Saturdays and overtime if needed.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans available to all full-time employees
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA’s)
- 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield and ID Shield
- 401K match
- Work/life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individualized training and mentor programs
- Professional development including certification and testing
- Professional membership support
- Employee discounts with Verizon, AT&T, and many others
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup and multiple STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to hr@loweengineers. Lowe also participates in the federal E-Verify Program