Lowe Engineers’ portfolio contains numerous commercial and institutional projects. We are capable of providing civil engineering design, delivery and project management for various commercial projects including logistics and manufacturing, retail and office, and mission critical facilities for both new and existing facilities. Our project portfolio highlights a sample of our commercial and institutional capabilities.
Traffic Engineer – Atlanta, Georgia
Who We Are
Lowe Engineers is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, and mapping consultant serving a wide array of public and private sector clients. We strive to provide the highest quality product with individual needs being our highest priority. We commit to always go the extra mile and do what we say we are going to do!
We strive to create a culture of professionalism that is relationship oriented. Our Core Values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families, as well as our entire community. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while promoting a balance of professional and private life.
Your Impact at Lowe Engineers:
Lowe Engineers in search of a Traffic Engineer that will work with the existing traffic engineering team on a wide variety of traffic engineering projects primarily in Georgia and surrounding states in the southeast. The ideal candidate will have experience in traffic signal plan preparation and traffic impact studies.
- Traffic Signal Design
- Prepare traffic signal plans in accordance with City/ County / State (GDOT) standards
- Prepare signing and marking plans
- Prepare ITS / communications plans
- Attend design meetings and interact with clients
- Traffic Studies
- Prepare traffic impact studies to determine the impact and mitigation of developments of various sizes
- Prepare Development of Regional Impact (DRI) studies
- Prepare intersection / corridor studies
- Prepare traffic calming studies in compliance with applicable traffic control device regulations, standards, and specifications
- Prepare crash data analysis and develop crash diagrams and provides recommendations for mitigation.
- Attend planning commission, zoning board of appeal, and/or city council meetings as needed
- Traffic Signal Operations
- Prepare analysis relating to traffic signal timing
- Working Knowledge / Proficiency of Traffic Software and Systems
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Synchro 11 / SimTraffic 11
- Sidra Intersection 9
- HCS 7
- MUTCD and GDOT design guidelines / standards
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Teams.
What You Bring to Lowe Engineers:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or traffic engineering
- Minimum of 3-years recent experience in traffic or transportation engineering.
- A valid Certificate of Engineer in Training (EIT) or ability to take exam within 6 months of hire
- Georgia Driver’s License.
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- 100% employer paid medical insurance offered to all full-time employees
- Competitive dental and vision plans available
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA’s)
- 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield and ID Shield
- 401K match
- Work/life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individualized training and mentor programs
- Professional development including certification and testing
- Professional membership support
- Employee discounts with Verizon, AT&T, and many others
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup and multiple STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Lowe also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.