No products in the cart.
Accounting Manager – Atlanta, GA
Who We Are
Lowe Engineers is a full-service civil engineering, surveying, and mapping consultant serving a wide array of public and private sector clients. We strive to provide the highest quality product with individual needs being our highest priority. We commit to always go the extra mile and do what we say we are going to do!
We strive to create a culture of professionalism that is relationship oriented. Our Core Values demonstrate our commitment to not only our clients, but our employees and their families, as well as our entire community. We pride ourselves on our family centered atmosphere that builds employee relationships while promoting a balance of professional and private life.
Your Impact at Lowe Engineers:
- Supervises preparation of annual operating budgets, checking of expenditure requests against approved budgets for availability of funds prior to commitment, and exercises accounting control to ensure that budgeted expenditures do not exceed amounts authorized.
- Responsible for overseeing the General Accounting function including preparation and review of monthly and annual financial statements; annual tax returns, statistical reports and questionnaires, ensures maintenance and integrity of accounting systems, and reviews and analyzes monthly operational results to identify and evaluate problem areas, and conducts other special reviews which may arise.
- Manages the development, preparation and review of the annual budget including coordination and liaison with the various departments.
- Manages the closing of the books at year end and, in close coordination with the Controller, the preparation of year-end financial statements and the coordination of the audit process by the firm’s independent public accountants.
- Develops and reviews cost proposals
- Supervises 1-3 associates
- Interprets operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the firm and makes specific recommendations, which will result in operating and cost-efficiencies.
- Exercises supervision over the maintenance of the firm’s chart of accounts; assigns new classifications and cost centers as may be necessary.
- Is responsible for the correct and accurate accounting classification of all expenditures and documents, including capital and others.
- Acts as immediate contact with the firm’s public accountants on accounting matters and provides reports to CEO and CFO as needed.
- Directs the preparation of statistics for periodic and yearly financial statements, including the preparations of charts and graphs showing progress, conditions and results.
- Responsible for compiling and filing of required externally required reports and tax returns and compliance with associated regulations where applicable.
- Maintains relationships with various banking institutions for the maintenance of accounts as well as the firm’s short-term investments.
- Responsible for calculation and negotiation of the overhead recovery rate and maintains relationships with the cognizant government agency.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may deem necessary.
What You Bring to Lowe Engineers:
- Experience in fund accounting and cost accounting desirable. B.S. in Accounting Financial, or Business Administration with at least 8-10 years’ experience. MBA and/or CPA preferred. Supervisory and management skills required.
- 3-5 years minimum working in an engineering or architecture firm environment (ie. Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design).
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Proven multi-tasking experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with Deltek “Vision” required
Lowe Engineers offers a competitive benefits package to reward employees!
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans available
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA’s)
- 100% employer paid short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Shield and ID Shield
- 401K match
- Work/life balance to include paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Individualized training and mentor programs
- Professional development including certification and testing
- Professional membership support
- Employee discounts with Verizon, AT&T, and many others
- Complimentary coffee bar, office snacks, free food and fun-themed employee events
- Endless opportunities to volunteer alongside your peers. Past events include Habitat for Humanity, Red Cross Blood Drives, Brookhaven stream cleanup and multiple STEM outreach events at grade schools as well as colleges and universities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Lowe also participates in the federal E-Verify Program.