At Lowe Engineers, you are part of a highly qualified team of professionals that embraces and encompasses the firm’s philosophy to provide our clients with integrated project solutions.
We are confident that our projects make a real difference in the lives of people, companies, and the communities we serve throughout the Southeast. We approach our clients’ challenges with reliable and innovative solutions; but most importantly, we build lasting relationships.
Lowe Engineers is always looking for individuals who are aspiring to grow personally and professionally and who will contribute to our diversity of people, markets, motivations, styles and techniques.
Lowe Engineers is currently seeking to fill the position of Geospatial Analyst. Qualified individuals must have a thorough knowledge of mapping concepts and techniques, as well as experience working with imagery, stereo-compilation, and various geospatial data formats. All employees must possess the ability to obtain a national security clearance.
• 3D Stereoimagery experience: 3-5 years
Traffic/Transportation Engineer, Brookhaven/Lowe Engineers:
The purpose of this position is to provide oversight of the City’s traffic engineering duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Public Works Department that provides a safe, efficient, and properly maintained transportation infrastructure for the citizens and businesses in the City, in accordance with Federal, State and City standards
The following duties are representative of the range of duties performed under this job classification. Individual employees may only perform a subset of the duties listed. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive:
Examples of Duties:
• Determine scope and/or reviews traffic studies prepared by outside entities for site development/site impacts.
• Review zoning and variance applications for traffic and transportation impacts as well as right of way impacts.
• Attend Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeal, and/or City Council Meetings as needed; Review Land Disturbance Plans and/or Building Plans for traffic and transportation impacts as well as right of way impacts.
• Develops & reviews signal timing-timing parameters for new installations; analyzes traffic count data; evaluates existing signal timings.
• Performs traffic calming studies; recommends traffic calming solutions to management; ensures traffic calming devices are in compliance with applicable traffic control device regulations, standards, and specifications; presents traffic calming presentations as necessary.
• Performs crash data analysis and developed crash diagrams; develops and maintains top accident location list, recommends solutions, and monitors results.
• Prepares or oversees the preparation of technical drawings, schematics and installation plans for traffic control devices.
• Receives and responds to traffic and transportation concerns and issues and determines and recommends appropriate resolutions to maintain positive community/customer relations for the Department and City.
• Formulates policies and procedures for the department; reviews, amends, and updates department policies, procedures, rules, regulations and standards.
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in civil or traffic engineering or a closely related field with a minimum of 4-years recent experience in traffic or transportation engineering. A minimum of two years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination or education and experience. A valid Certificate of Engineer in Training (EIT), and Georgia Driver’s License.
Other Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in traffic or civil engineering; A valid Certificate of Registration as a Professional Engineer in Georgia; Certified Professional Traffic Operations
Bridge Structural Engineer:
The responsibilities of this position include serving as the Bridge Structural Engineer for the preparation of designs and construction documents for minor and major roadway bridges, retaining walls, culverts, and other transportation-related structures.
Examples of Duties:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology is required. Georgia PE registration, or the ability to obtain with Georgia within 6 months, is required. Experience must include a minimum of 5 years of bridge design related experience.
Bridge Hydraulics experience and Construction and bridge inspection experience is optional but considered a plus if achieved in addition to direct bridge design experience. Roadway design and plan preparation experience is also optional but will be considered a plus.
Software design experience: MicroStation V8i and InRoads, and structural analysis and design software. Experience with HEC-RAS, MicroStation V8i and InRoads, and structural analysis and design software. Experience with HEC-RAS, AutoCAD and other additional CAD platforms will be beneficial, but not required.
Related experience consisting of working directly with GDOT and the Plan Development Process, GDOT collaborative projects with local counties or municipalities, and other local projects utilizing GDOT standards and specifications is not required but will be considered a plus. Experience should consist of working as the Lead or Team Bridge Engineer for the projects described. Past responsibilities should include certain project management functions to assist the Project Manager for larger projects or operating as more of a Deputy Project Manager for smaller projects with local or private clients.
Key Responsibilities for a Field Engineer:
· Sets up and maintains permanent control throughout the entire line and grade portion of the project.
· Validates accurate dimensions by reviewing the architectural and structural drawings prior to execution.
· Is able to identify any discrepancies in drawings prior to execution.
· Engages the project lead on the line and grade portion of the project to ensure proper scheduling and sequencing.
· Proficient with the use of advanced instruments and total station to perform an accurate layout.
· Is able to complete a layout in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
· Delivers layout information to the project team to ensure proper execution.
· Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook
· Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
· 5+ years of experience in field engineering, surveying, and layout for a large scale Self-Perform GC or Concrete Contractor.
· Self-perform experience of concrete is required.
· Seeking someone with a variety of project types with emphasis on Commercial/Industrial.
· Knowledge of construction principles/practices required with experience on projects over 1 million dollars.
· Experienced with using advanced instruments and capable of using Total Station to perform layouts.
Instrument Man/Rod Man – Louisiana:
Assists in surveying land by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Holds level or rod at designated points to assist in determining elevations and laying out stakes for mapmaking, construction, land, and other surveys.
Is familiar with Party Chief and Rod man/Instrument Man’s roles.
Is able to operate all of the instrumentation required for the collection or distribution of survey data (total station, data collector, level).
Transmits survey data to the proper Party Chief in the computer network, and be able to acquire the data for field use.
Calls out reading or writes station number and reading in notebook.
Marks points of measurement with elevation, station number, or other identifying mark.
Measures distance between survey points with steel or cloth tape or surveyor’s chain.
Marks measuring points with keel (marking crayon), paint sticks, scratches, tacks, or stakes.
Places stakes at designated points and drives them into ground at specified elevation.
Cuts and clears brush and trees from line of survey.
Performs other duties as directed by Surveyor Crew Chief.
Performs occasional building & grounds maintenance.
Able to work Saturdays and overtime if needed.
Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.